Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My BMW E28 History

This is the story of a 5 series from Romania
I bought this car 2 years ago without knowing for sure what is it going to become. It had a 2.8 liter M30 engine with 184hp and broken automatic gearbox.
















After i bought it i started ... let's say ... "investing money" in it. My first "investement" was repairing the gearbox. I am not going to lie to you ... it wasn't a bargain at all. When i bought the car, my knowledge about mechanics was minimum an thus i made a bad and expensive decision on repairing it and passing a sport getrag manual gearbox costing the same price (500 euros at that time).
I also started searching and buying damaged interior trims,instruments, rare items ( m-tech rear view mirror, new steering wheel, tweeter door mounts. During this time i replaced used engine parts that appeared to be failing from time usage. 
Time passed and i decided to convert it from automatic to manual. I started gathering parts ( new shaft seals, center mount, centering sleeve, universal joint, gear shift knob, slave cylinder & master cylinder repair kit  and a Getrag 265 overdrive gearbox)
A year ago a friend had an accident with my car. Fortunately the car's structure was not affected, we decided to repair it. Said and done. After the car was fixed and a few weeks passed i managed to crash it again :(. I am going to lie to myself and blaim it on my license plate number (13).
I repaired it one more time and hoped for a better life for my bimmer.
The following posts are going to show you the resurrection of this car and the path for a better life :P. Till further updates i am going to show you a selection of pictures:

e28 with a friend's 525ix e34 (rare unadventurous car)


just e28





BBS 15" Wheels


Sexy e28


 


1 comment: